Gifts of the Versatile Blogger and the Real Neat Blog Awards
May 19, 2015 § 4 Comments
It was so nice that a few days ago I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and the Real Neat Blog Award by the talented one Daniel of The Oddity Writer (please visit his blog and enjoy a lot of nice reading stuff).
Thanks so much, Daniel. I’m so honored to be included in your list of nominees, and so sorry for being late writing this post 🙂
So, there are some questions from Daniel I need to answer, here they are:
1. What is your fondest memory? One of my childhood memories. When my best friends and I put all our dreams and stories on the papers (say, the role plays we did after reading great books, the old bread factory in the neighborhood, the ponds in the little wood), kept them in a big plastic bag, and then buried it under a big tree. It was wonderful, right? So I tried to encourage my kids and their friends to do the same, having a treasure to remember. And all they said was: “But, Mom. We already have lots of treasures! In the Minecraft world!” Oh, well.
2. Who or what motivates you to do your best or to be the best you can be? My family, especially my kids, and good friends who always believe I can do more and more.
3. Talk about your personal strengths or your personal weaknesses?
Sometimes it’s hard to manage so many duties to do on the track, but I know I will make it.
4. How has your writing or WordPress influenced your life? Huge. I couldn’t thank you all fellow bloggers enough. WordPress community helps me to keep writing and believing in myself. The ideas, the friendships, even the dramas, I learn a lot from them.
5. How did you pick your blog name? The easiest way to name a blog, with your own name 🙂
6. Do you have a favorite book? Well, it’s more than one, actually. But this time I’d like to pick a book series that have given me so mixed feelings—sad, happy, worried, thrilled, even haunted. It is a Japanese manga (comic) entitled ‘Hadashi no Gen’ by Keiji Nakazawa (or ‘Barefoot Gen: Life After Bomb).
It consists of 20 books (Indonesian edition), about the journey of Gen and his family during the war. See here in google books: http://bit.ly/1Fm5edS
7. What word of advice, what moral or message would you give you followers? It’s a wonderful thing that we can communicate and feel each other by writings.
And I’d like to give either or both the Versatile and the Real Neat Blog Award to:
1. Donna (http://alittlebirdtweets.com)–find her great flash fictions and book reviews.
2. Sophie (http://sophiebowns.wordpress.com)—nice stories from an aspiring writer.
3. Lisa (http://lisajaynemurray.wordpress.com)—always love her lovely illustrations.
4. Julie (http://juliepowell2014.wordpress.com)—with the beautiful photos and the stories behind them.
5. Audry (http://anutritionalmakeover.wordpress.com)—great photos and recipes for your healthier life.
You guys are awesome 🙂 . And it’s free for you to decide delivering these awards to the other fellow bloggers, answer the questions (I borrow yours, Daniel, I hope you don’t mind 🙂 ), and make your own nominees.
So, thanks again, Daniel, and I just want to say thanks to all of you who also taking the journey with me. Have a great day!