New Kid on The Block and The Liebster Award
January 25, 2013 § 8 Comments
It’s going to be a long post.
At first, I didn’t write blog in English, and used Indonesian language instead. It was one day when I got stuck on my writing jobs, and something in my head said, ‘Okay, you need a break—like writing in other language on your blog.’
It was the beginning for me doing sketches and writing some flash fictions—fully in English—and posted them. I never imagined that my random thoughts on those sketches and writings would have some audience. But they had. Some kind people did spend their precious time to read them (Thank You, all readers).
Then I found that Liebster was a German word for ‘beloved, nicest, sweetest, kindest…’ How lovely.
So, here they are:
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you, ApprenticeNeverMaster!
2. Post eleven random facts about yourself. I only can think 5 of them this time 🙂
3. Answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you. Done
4. Pass the award on to eleven other bloggers and be sure to notify them of their nomination. Ok.
5. Write eleven new questions for your nominees to answer. I think the random facts are quite enough and I’m going to pass this 🙂
6. You are not allowed to nominate the blog which nominated you. Ok.
7. Paste the award picture into your blog. Done
Random Facts about me:
- I will never be bored to watch FRIENDS, over and over.
- I love pets (except fish, maybe. I can’t take them out of the aquarium and put them on my lap).
- At the afternoon, my house is totally a mess with kids of the neighborhood. They played around while I worked with my laptop, and sometimes they approached me to ask, or say, ANYTHING that came accross their minds. It’s precious.
- I love my sewing machine and hope one day I can spend more time with it.
- Work means with music, and coffee.
The Questions Posed to me:
1.What is your hometown like?
Yogyakarta (Indonesia). Cultural city with many interesting places. City of inspiration. With Mount Merapi we can look at in the distance, every day I take my sons to the school. With so many schools, colleges. Lots of young people. But also, this city has becoming more crowded with vehicles on the road, like the other big cities these days.
2. June 20th or November 20th? I was born in June. So, yeah, June 20th 🙂
3. What’s your favorite place to go for lunch? Anywhere, as long as with my kids.
4. How do you like your coffee? Black, sometimes with cream.
5. What’s your favorite quote? Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” (A.A Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh)
6. If you were part of a bicycle, which part would you be? The Lamp.
7. What is the last book you read? Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli.
8. If you could be any character in fiction, which would you choose? Pippi The Longstocking, of course.
9. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be? Anything that makes my kids say: ‘That’s COOL, Mom! Can you do it again?’
10. If someone wrote your biography, what would the title be? Honestly, I have no idea 🙂
11. What’s the most important part of a sandwich? Actually, we here rarely eat sandwich. But I think there would be no sandwich without some bread, no? 🙂
And I would like to pass this award to:
http://themiddlestsister.com/ – never fails to makes me laugh
http://rebeccastahr.wordpress.com/ – always wait her beautiful sketches and cute notes.
http://violetgallery.wordpress.com/ – love the soft colors.
http://rustydoodle.wordpress.com/ – very neat doodles over there.
http://smalldoodlewithgreatlove.wordpress.com/ – like the unique sketches characters.
http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ – makes me want to have wings and travel around the world.
http://bottledworder.wordpress.com/ – always with insightful words.
http://gabfrab.com/ – good storyteller.
http://analavinia.wordpress.com/ – caught by her interesting topics.
http://taymecanencia.wordpress.com/ – love her tons of charity activities.
http://chrismartinwrites.com/ – you should read all of his ‘Everyone has a Story’, very touching and inspiring.
And dear fellow bloggers, about the rules of this award, the decision is yours. Have fun 🙂